main edit 2

Frequently asked questions

Do you travel all over the country?

I am willing to consider most places within England as long as transportation is available but travel time is additional in cost to the work undertaken.

What age groups do you work with?
I have spent most of my career working with pre-school and Primary aged children and my knowledge mostly sits within this age group; however I have worked with secondary aged children and have learning assessments which cover all stages of children's schooling.

Will the school/LA have to act on your recommendations?
Some schools/Local Authorities may not act on the advice from an independent professional. However, when it comes to tribunals, panels consider ALL evidence from all professionals and do not distinguish between independent and Local Authority reports, this means that it is advisable for all schools and Local Authorities to follow all professional advice. To date, Local Authority professionals including school staff have found my reports very useful and have followed the advice within. Recommendations from my reports have been cited in children's statements and used to inform IEPs. Every school that I have visited to carry out assessments has been welcoming and staff have reported back that the recommendations I have made have been very manageable and easy to implement.

What professional qualifications do you have?
I have a BA(hons) in Sociology, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education with Qualified Teaching Status, a Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies (Special Educational Needs) and a Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies (behaviour management). I have been accepted onto a Master's Degree in Autism and Asperger's Syndrome; after the first year I will have a Post Graduate Certificate in Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.

What experience do you have?
I taught in mainstream and special schools for 8 years with short breaks when having my own children. I worked for a Local Authority as a Specialist Teacher within the Learning and Behaviour advisory service for over two years. I have been an independent specialist teacher since June 2012.

Will I have to inform my child's school that I have commissioned you?
If I am going into school to observe/assess then yes, you will need to inform the school. I always advise parents to discuss their concerns with the school before I start any work as it could be that they can assess themselves as an alternative. I am always happy to contact the school directly to explain who I am and what I do. This may also lead to a discussion about your child which will help me gain more insight into their needs.

Tel. 07702808338

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player